Title

Inside And Out

Saturday, February 4, 2012

ABUNDANT LIFE

The main reason for this blog is to shed a little light on our spiritual and physical life. God has a plan for each of us and wants to be a light that leads our way. I have always said that the best and most important decision was the one that I made about 35 years ago when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It was a step into a new dimension or journey that has supplied me with incredible and never-ending hope and peace. There is nothing that satisfies other than this. I am not out to impress or boast, but only to help and encourage others along the way. It is only through HIM that we can have LIFE and have it ABUNDANTLY! It is only through HIM that we can have strength to walk through our trials and we all will have TRIALS!

The other purpose of this blog is to encourage others and myself to take care of our physical bodies which is GOD'S temple. I hope to come up with some meals and nutritional information, as I try to do some research and share some creative ideas as far as exercise programs, healthy foods and recipes. I hope you will follow my blog and help me to help others. I am open to any thoughts and advice. The bible is the best source for all our spiritual questions and needs. 2 Timothy 3:16&17 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I love to watch Dr.Oz, who is one that has excellent advice on how to keep ourselves in good physical condition that can give us quality of life. I have had an interest in health and nutrition since the 1970's. I think there is always a parallel between the spiritual and physical. It all takes commitment and discipline. We can easily get side-tracked by what the world offers to tear us down. We all battle SOMETHING! That SOMETHING can easily distract us, causing us to lose our focus of what God has for each of us. Help to be a part of this blog by getting involved. Shine a light for others that will help to give wisdom and advice in how to take excellent care of ourselves spiritually and physically. I am excited about what God is going to do. Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed." This is my prayer on this date, Feb 4, 2012...that God will take this and use it to help many including myself. He is faithful and wants us all to grow in HIM. I am excited and praise HIM as HIS light shines for many. AMEN

5 comments:

  1. I will look forward to your future posts Shareen...I will also link you to my blog. Good luck! This is perfect timing too, since I have decided I really need to work on the physical me ALOT more than I have been. I'm afraid I get caught up in taking care of everyone else and forget about myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have decided to take your amazing faith and insight to a much bigger audience. I look forward to reading your Heavenly inspired wisdom. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading and learning more from you. And get some good recipes along the way. You know we can come over any time to try out the meals. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let this be a share day! What scriptures do you have to share today to encourage. What little tips on exercise, nutrition, or recipes do you have to offer (THINKING HEALTHY!) I want to learn from you. Set your minds spinning and lets have fun with this. Come and join me. God Bless All Of You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful words to live by! I know you've already said this, but just want to agree with you- the less processed your food is, the better! Packaged foods, meats, and dairy are filled with chemicals and preservatives which are foreign to what our bodies recognize. Buy organic whenever you can, and support our local farmers who farm sustainably!

      Delete