Title

Inside And Out

Saturday, February 11, 2012

MATCHA TEA

THE ANTIOXIDANT POWER HOUSE! This is a stone-ground powder form of select shade-grown Japanese green tea leaves. I would always encourage you to do a little research of your own so you can form your own opinion. Dr. OZ highly recommended this tea. One article stated that 10 glasses of green tea were equal to 1 of Matcha tea as far as nutritional value. Here is a list of positives that I found...

1) Energizer with very little caffeine
2) Cancer fighter
3) Metabolism booster and helps to burn fat and calories
4) Helps to lower cholesterol
5) Lowers risk of stroke
6) Fights cavities and gum desease
6) Helps mental alertness and clarity
7) Immune booster helping to prevent colds and flu
8) Possesses anti-viral and antibiotic properties which assist digestive system
9) Stress reliever
10) Good detox

The woman that tasted the tea on Dr. Oz Show did not like the flavor. Dr. Oz said to not boil water so it won't have a tendency to have a grassy flavor. I think you could add a little honey to help. I'm anxious to give it a try. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I did try it, about 2-3 years ago. Didn't like it, BUT I am sure willing to try it again w/ some agave or honey, b/c I know it's soooooo good for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete